I am feeling dead chuffed because this morning before the start of mass I taught our small congregation a setting of the new translation of the Gloria which went down very well. In fact we sang it through almost perfectly and unaccompanied! I found it, via a posting on The Chant Cafe, here.
In spite of its simplicity- it is very like a psalm tone- it is surprisingly pleasant- much more so, in my opinion, than the missal version (which is based upon Mass XV) and allows the text to dominate. It also enables one to introduce a part of the new/corrected translation with the minimum of fuss. I heartily recommend it.
France: Pope Lays Down the Law on Euthanasia
-
Dear brothers and sisters,Dear friends who are sick,It is a joy for me to
be with you here in Lourdes, where, for more than a hundred and fifty
years, pil...
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment